American actress and model, Vanessa von Schwarz who is 20-year-old began using vaping ( E-cigarettes) when she spotted all of her friends were doing them in the school toilets and shortly found herself practicing vaping.
She said she started vaping at 15 and later she felt nauseous and furious whenever she left for long.
Vanessa von Schwarz from Los Angeles, California, USA, said:
“For some reason when I started vaping, naivety assured me my whole life was changing.
“I felt like it gave me something I didn’t have before; I was thinner, more confident, and I was sure this new me was all thanks to this little metal device I carried in my pocket.
“I struggled with a lot of anxiety, and I would consistently look at the vape thinking it was the only thing there for me at all times. That was comforting for me and made letting go even harder.”
According to Vanessa von Schwarz, said she began to experience muscle drawbacks in her legs and arms, but it wasn’t until she broke her head open after declining what the doctor good her it could be related to her vape.
Now she has dumped the habit for good, but still experiences the continual effects of dermatomyositis, and wants to warn people with her exemplary story.
She said: “My case is an example of how detrimental these ‘minor’ and legal substances can be on one’s body.
“I hope there could be more awareness and action taken against teens vaping, especially in schools.
“Despite the intention, the effects on the body can be severe and my case is not the first or the last of this kind.”
Vanessa recalls vaping for the very first moment in the toilets of her high school in April 2017, when she was 15.
She said: “I started to realize every lunch break whenever I would enter the bathroom, there would always be groups of girls standing in a circle smoking a weird-looking thin black stick that would light up.
“All the ‘cool’ girls and guys in my school vaped, it was normal.
“Suddenly, one of my close friends bought one and after a while of her insisting I try it, claiming it did absolutely ‘nothing’ – it did.”
She further revealed that she got into a habit of vaping anytime she was with her friends, one Friday evening she went home and began to vape.
She said: “I couldn’t stop thinking about the device and how satisfied I could be if I just had my own.
“Well it’s not cigarettes, so I can’t smell like anything, my parents won’t ever know because it’s so small and secretive, and I’ll just throw it away before I get addicted.”
She disclosed that it got to a point where she wanted her device to be around her at all moments, or else she would feel sick and fussy.
The model spoke:
“I enjoyed the physical head rush vaping would give me.
“Every time I took a hit of my vape, I felt like I was inhaling a big deep breath, one that actually satisfied my body and relaxed me.
“I started to truly believe that vaping had changed my life for the better.”
She added that she felt relief having the device readily available.
“I definitely think the ‘child friendly’ flavours made the initial use of the vape so enticing,” she continued.
“It tasted like candy and was truly delicious.
“After a while though, the fruity flavours became really nauseating and mint became the default since the flavour seemed to suppress hunger the most.
“My friends and I would never eat breakfast or lunch. We mostly just vaped away our hunger and cravings.”
In May 2017 Vanessa began to feel the side effects of vaping.
“I got out of bed that morning and instantly took a hit,” she continued. After that, I woke up on the floor and I hadn’t remembered what’d happened.
“I’d clearly fainted, and I was fine, but it was so odd because that had never happened to me in my life.”