● Maya Angelou becomes first black woman to appear on a US quarter
● The American poet of blessed memory has become the first black woman to be featured on the first coin
Buy your dream car from https://www.facebook.com/102735671195538/posts/289235925878844/
The United States Mint announced on Monday that it has started shipping quarters to honour the late activist. The American women quarters programme, AWQ was signed law to acknowledge and recognize notable women in American society who contributed positively throughout American history.
“The first coin of American Woman Quarters programme is here, The Maya Angelou” US Mint posted
● U.S Ambassador to Ghana, Stephanie Sullivan repping #TeamGhana (Afcon2021)
● France Ambassador to Ghana, Anne Sophie aka Akosua trends in finest African apparel
Rep. Barbara Lee who is one of the women who championed the initiative said she was very excited it has finally been put into action.
“Excited to announce that today, Maya Angelou becomes first black woman to appear on a US quarter The phenomenal women who shaped American history have gone unrecognized far too long, especially women of colour. Proud to have led this bill to honour their legacies” she wrote
● United States tops China as world’s biggest bitcoin mining hub