● Pakistan Prime Minister, Imran Khan adds his voice to the humanitarian crisis in Afghanistan
Buy your dream car from https://www.facebook.com/102735671195538/posts/289235925878844/
Afghanistan since August 2021 has been in turmoil after Taliban toppled Ashraf Ghani’s legitimate government and took over power.
The aftermath of the takeover was disastrous. Below are some articles to that effect
● What the world is saying 100days after Taliban ban girls education in Afghanistan
● Afghanistan dad sold his daughter for $2,200 to buy food
United Nations Secretary General, Antonio Guterres had earlier warned of a humanitarian catastrophe in Afghanistan if international community ignore their plight. Read more (Video) Afghanistan faces a looming humanitarian catastrophe – UN Secretary General to hold a ‘high level’ conference
Days after his plea, the United States made some donations. Some countries and other donor partners also followed suit US to donate $64 million in ‘humanitarian aid’ to Afghanistan
There have been terrifying reports of the Taliban killing Afghans and activists. Women have also been asked to stay home from work.
Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan has joined the ‘saveAfghanlives’ protest on twitter. The prime minister initiated the campaign to invite the international community to listen to Afghans.
“I will add my voice also and want people to join and International initiative to raise awareness about the humanitarian crisis unfolding in Afghanistan, putting at risk of starvation millions of Afghans, especially children” the prime minister posted on twitter
● Taliban bans use of foreign currency in Afghanistan
● Taliban beheaded female volleyball player & posted photos online – reports